Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Beginnings

I do believe I have the most neglected blog on the planet. Well, it's a new school year, and it's a good time for new beginnings, so I'm going to try to start again with this blog. I'm not making any promises, mind you, but I'm going to give it another go. Keep your paws crossed!

Speaking of new beginnings, one of my favorite things about the start of a new school year, is decorating my classroom. I was so tired of my old decorations this year, so I decided to leave most of them in the closet and start fresh. The theme I chose was "Second Grade Safari". Of course, since my cats teach my class, the cats are leading the safari. Our most fearless safari cat is DK. Here he is on my classroom door all decked out in his safari hat.
The cats are all lined up in the window ready for a new year.



l Of course Professor Fibber Mcgee has a new group of recruits for his Glasses Club. They'll have to wear their glasses in order to see all the cool animals.


Wilson Persian is helping us find continents to travel to. Needless to say, we're starting in North America. I wonder what a safari in Antartica will be like.


Here are a couple more shots of our safari room:








I think the cats are going to have a great year. I hope the kids will too!

4 comments:

  1. Your room looks amazing Mary! I'd love to have a child in your care for the year. I'm glad that you are back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's ME! I am so proud to be the Safari Cat. Of course I have traveled all over the whole world on my Tuesday Play Dates, so I was a natural for the job. The kids and I will have a great time this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mafia kits think a safari room is exciting! Fibber is especially happy to provide support for those wearing glasses, and he said to remind you to tell the kids that he'll sit on them if they forget to wear them. Olly-O-Boy-a-Safari! wants to join in this year, but Fibber said "No way, Jose-O!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mary - I just watched you, your students and the scottish fold in the classroom on Cats 101 (here in Bulgaria:) keep posting stuff on your blog, it's so interesting!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany